Our longer tours go 3-4,5 hours. Hereby you can not only choose the length (3 or 4,5 hours), we also let you choose the way. 🙂 This tour is only for people with a lot of riding experience and has to be booked by a group of at least 4 riders.
First option: 3-hour-ride along the river (half day tour)
This guided horseback riding tour leads towards the beautiful River called Eyjafjord and along its east bank. On this ride, you can enjoy a stunning scenery and a river crossing (if the water is not too high)
Second option: 3-hour-ride through the forest (half day tour)
On this tour, we head to the forest of Akrueyri and ride through it. Iceland does not have so many forests. So this is actually something special 😀 Hereby you have a great view over Akureyi and its´ fjord.
Third option: 4,5-hour-ride through the forest to our stable (day tour)
This tour also leads to and through the forest. We reach our turning point at our winter location – our stable. There we give our horses and ourselves a 30 min break to prepare for the way home 🙂
On every tour:
At least one guide will accompany you on this trip. For safety reasons, we provide helmets, safety stirrups. On rainy days you are welcome to use our raincoats and trousers. This horseback riding tour is not suitable for children. Before booking this tour please read our FAQ (weight limits, etc.) thoroughly which you will find below.
- Price: 3-hours: ISK 16.000 p.p. / 4,5-hours: ISK 20.000 p.p.
- Duration half-day-tour: The ride goes for roughly 3 hours including a 15-minute break. Please plan 4 hours for your whole stay
- Duration day-tour: 4,5 hours plus coffee break 🙂 Please plan 6 hours for your whole stay
- Season: these tours are NOT bookable between the 20th of june and the 10th of August
- Pick up: Additionally, we supply car rides from Akureyri to the horse rental for the fee of ISK 1.500 per person
- Meeting point: we meet at our Cabin in Eyjafjord. The Road is unnamed – simply enter „Hestaleigan Kátur“ on google maps or click here.
By the way, this will be a very small group 🙂