Perfect for those who have a bit experience or are used to ride 🙂
Our 2-hour guided horseback riding tour leads either towards the beautiful River called Eyjafjord and along its east bank or in the forest of Akureyri. For this tour, you need to have at least a bit experience as we are going to ride at least a little bit trott/tölt. It is not just walking. How oftern we go faster, depends on your level of experience and your wishes 🙂 It can be from just a little bit trotting/tölting to going lots of galopp. Please note that we only go galopp with very experienced riders who have ridden galopp many times before. Our horses go proper fast galopp – no canter 😉
- Riding along the river: When we ride along the river we also do a river crossing, if the water is not too deep.
- Riding to the forest: Riding to and into the forest, on the other hand, is perfect for going a lot of galopp. This tour is only for very experienced riders.
(You can enter your preference in the online form).
At least one guide will accompany you on this trip. For safety reasons, we provide helmets, safety stirrups and safety vests for little kids. On rainy days you are welcome to use our raincoats and trousers. This horseback riding tour is also suitable for older kids who are used to ride. Nevertheless, children who are 13 years old or younger need to be supervised by an adult. Before booking this tour please read our FAQ (weight limits, etc.) thoroughly which you will find below.
- Price: ISK 12.500
- Duration: The ride goes for roughly 2 hours. Please plan 3 hours for your whole stay
- Season: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Pick up: Additionally, we supply car rides from Akureyri to the horse rental for the fee of ISK 1.500 per person
- Meeting point: we meet at our Cabin in Eyjafjord. The Road is unnamed – simply enter „Hestaleigan Kátur“ on google maps or click here.
We advise a booking in advance via our online booking system